Okay, so now to the big move....
As the flight was coming closer, it still didn't really feel real that I was moving. I put off doing many things and then was stuck doing them all very quickly at the end. I have to admit that I didn't quite get everything done and my mom was stuck with a little bit of work on my behalf. Good thing I have a great mom!!! I got everything separated out... The boxes of things to stay and the bag that was coming with me were filled.
The day of the flight was a long day. I got to the airport at about 6 am. I flew from SLC to Oakland, had an hour layover there. Then went from Oakland to Los Angeles and had a long 5 hour layover there. Then the big flight over the Pacific from LA to Kauai. I was sitting next to a little girl that was maybe 4 years old. Luckily she was a really good flyer. I ended up being able to sleep for a few hours which was great! We pulled into Lihue at around 7:30 pm (11:30 Utah time) and I was feeling pretty tired.
Marisa was so great to pick me up a sandwich and she had it ready for me when I got in the truck. On our way back to the apartment we stopped at the beach and I took off my shoes and socks and stood in the waves for a minute, then we headed to the apartment.
It was a long day, but it is so much fun to be here and totally worth it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment